-Grab the umbrellas. The National Weather Service, said rain is likely to begin sometime after 9 a.m. A Nor'Easter will be in the area today and tides are expected to be up to one and a half feet higher than normal.
-Stony Brook University hosts its TedX event Thursday, with some of the school's top thinkers giving short presentations on their ideas and observations. We'll be there, but we'll also host a live stream on the site for those who couldn't make it.
In case you missed it:
Find out how a Failed Traffic Light Spurs Rocky Point Crossing Guard into action.
-Also, check back later to read the story about how animal welfare crews rescued a two-foot long alligator from a Miller Place home.
- Find a new home in the Miller Place-Rocky Point area.
- Or visit a few open houses.
- What’s playing at the movies … and when?
- Hide and low tide times.
- Advertise your yard sale ahead of the weekend.
- See those yard sales pop up on our map.