Back-to-school time is usually a mixed bag of emotions for both parents and students. As some residents pointed out, there are many things to like. There's the excitement of finding out who your new teacher is and what friends are in your class. New supplies and a new bus. For some students it's the prospect of a brand new school.
Then again, not everyone loves back-to-school time. Or even if you do like it, there are things that just get under your skin. With the help of our readers and followers on social media we compiled a list of the six worst things about going back-to-school in Miller Place and Rocky Point.
The Six Worst Things About Back-To-School in Miller Place and Rocky Point
1. "Stores running out of supplies," said Deborah Schmitz.
2. Darran Handshaw voted for "school buses."
3. Waiting for the teacher assignments. "But that's just because I'm impatient," said Kristina Mirell "It's actually kind of a treat, gives me something to look forward to in August."
4. Getting the children up on their first day back.
5. "Waiting to get the the letter from Miller Place about class teachers and their school supply lists three days before school starts," said Aimee DeRosa.
6. In Miller Place, Denise Rega Russo said she doesn't like waiting for teachers and supply lists. "Most sales are over by the time we get them," she said.
Have anything to add to the list? Put them in the comments below.