On Oct. 27, locals will be able to visit more than 15 different restaurants participating in Mather Hospital's Perfect Plates Restaurant Program.
Participating restaurants will be offering smaller portions and smaller prices in an effort to raise awareness about the importance of portion control in the battle against obesity and cardiovascular disease.
“Eating smaller portions of all foods, including our favorite restaurant meals, is a simple way to cut back on calories,” said Gemma Saylor, a registered dietitian and director of Mather Hospital’s Restaurant Program. “Research has shown that when people are given more food, they will eat more food, so having local restaurants offer their typical entrees in a half-sized portion is a great step for health.”
There are five restaurants in the area involved in the program:
- Sassy Salads @ Bagel Lady Café: 99 Route 25A, Shoreham
- The Hartlin Inn: 30 New York Avenue, Sound Beach
- C. P. LaManno’s: 915 Route 25A, Miller Place
- Rocco's Pizza & Ristorante: 5507-17 Route 347, Mt. Sinai
- Greek Island Restaurant: 6324 Route 25A, Wading River