No doubt the kids will get a little antsy during spring break, so if you're not already planning a vacation, here are a few ideas for things to do both in town and outside the Miller Place-Rocky Point areas.
1. Assuming the weather cooperates at some point this week, spring is a great time to start taking advantage of the outdoors, and Heritage Park in Mt. Sinai is one place to start.
2. If the weather doesn't cooperate, look to one of the traditional community hubs for something to do: Check out your local library, which will likely have special activities for the kids or at the very least a fresh selection of books and DVDs to keep them occupied.
3. Another cool outing is the Miller Place duck pond, which is also a convenient stop if you're enjoying ice cream at McNulty's.
4. The Long Island Aquarium in Riverhead is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
5. There's a free Easter Egg Hunt at the Holiday Inn Express in Stony Brook on Friday at 11 a.m. RSVP by emailing HIEStonyBrook@aol.com.
6. Scoop up some deals for the whole family at the Riverhead or Deer Park locations of Tanger Outlets.
7. The Revolution in Stony Brook is a video gaming center that recently opened and offers great rates on open video game play by the hour for kids and teens.
8. In nearby Port Jefferson, the Maritime Explorium is open all week from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. with different activities each day for the kids to enjoy.