In a previous post, we asked you to guess where this home stood in Shoreham dating from the early 20th century.
Rich Murdocco provided the correct answer in the comments.
"That's the estate of Franklin L. Gunther esq., off of Tower Road (now Tower Hill Road)," Murdocco wrote.
According to local historian Ken Brady, this stucco home was the residence of Franklin L. Gunther, located in Shoreham Estates, a community of grand homes on large lots of five to ten acres.
"The houses were built along Briarcliff and Tower Hill roads by partners Richard D. Upham, Henry B. Johnson, and Herbert J. Hapgood between 1908-13," according to a caption by Brady provided with the image.
For more historical photos head over to the Port Jefferson Village Center and check out the new exhibit "Mirrors of the Past: Shoreham and Wading River in Historic Photographs."
There will be more than 120 enlarged photos are display and the show is sponsored by the village of Port Jefferson, village of Shoreham, Wading River Historical Society and the Port Jefferson Village Center Conservancy. Show runs through Feb. 28.
Free admission. Call (631) 802-2165 for additional information.