The weekend is upon us and with the blizzard well in the rear view mirror, there are plenty of events to enjoy in the area.
1. A Madison Handbags Party will be held at Brooklyn Bagels in Rocky Point Friday at 7 p.m. to help raise funds for Hope For Jayne, which helps support a Rocky Point mother recently diagnosed with cancer.
2. Looking for some inner peace? Register for a Friday night Chakra Meditation workshop at Studio E in Miller Place.
3. There is tons of live music this weekend. The Southside Players return to Ric Jamisons in Mt. Sinai Friday at 10 p.m. and Hindenberg, a Led Zeppelin tribute band, performs at Napper Tandys on Saturday.
4. A traveling science museum stops at the North Shore Public Library Friday and features over 70 exhibits and expirements. Call ahead to register.
5. Take a trip and catch a show this weekend. See Friday Night Faceoff at Theatre Three in Port Jefferson or The Rocky Horror Show in Ronkonkoma.