• Amanda Brosnan, 21, of Mt. Sinai, was arrested March 15 in Coram and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, for allegedly possessing prescription medication without a prescription.
• Kevin McGreevy, 23, of Port Jefferson Station, was arrested March 13 in Mt. Sinai and charged with first-degree operating a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor. Police say he was speeding on eastbound Route 25A at Hallock Rd. in Mt. Sinai at 11:40 when they pulled him over, and they said he was under the influence of drugs.
• A Sound Beach man was arrested on March 12 after police said he robbed a gas station, took money from a Rocky Point shop, and sold a stolen ring.
Christopher Martinelli, 39, of Sound Beach, was charged with second-degree robbery, a felony, fifth-degree criminal possession of stolen property and petty larceny, both misdemeanors.
Police said Martinelli entered the Citgo on 25A in Rocky Point, brandishing what appeared to be a pistol, and demanded money. He reportedly fled with $300.
Martinelli also allegedly sold a ring he knew was stolen to Diamond Jewelers in Selden on June 26. The ring was valued at $100, according to police.
About a month later, Martinelli also took money out of the register of Gracies in Rocky Point on July 30 and left the restaurant, according to police.
• Claude Staten Jr., 25, of Mt. Sinai, was arrested March 11 in Shirley and charged with third-degree insurance fraud, a felony, and third-degree making a false report, a misdemeanor. Police said Staten falsely reported to his insurance company that two doors on his 2011 Audi were stolen.
• Thomas Ordmandy, 49, of Wading River, was arrested March 10 in Port Jefferson and charged with DWI, a misdemeanor. Police pulled him over for speeding while he was driving southbound on Main Street at 3:40 a.m., and said he was intoxicated.