• Thieves broke into four cars in the parking lot of AMC Loews Stony Brook movie theater Friday night and stole valuable property, Suffolk police said Tuesday. The four incidents, which took place between 7 p.m. and midnight, are being investigated as instances of criminal mischief and petty larceny.
• An East Moriches man was arrested Saturday and charged with committing a sexual assault in Stony Brook on Nov. 20. According to Suffolk County Police, Patrick O'Sullivan, 20, was arrested on multiple charges including first-degree rape, first-degree burglary, first-degree criminal sexual act, second-degree kidnapping and first-degree criminal use of a firearm. and is currently being held on $1 million cash bail.
• Two sticky-fingered Scrooges paid a visit to an Aquebogue home a few weeks short of Christmas -- and stole the presents right off the front porch.
Aquebogue resident Brenda Green said her daughter looked out the window and saw an old blue station wagon pulling into the driveway. Suspects ran to the porch, grabbed the packages, which contained Christmas presents, and sped away, Green said. Riverhead Town police confirmed that on Tuesday at 3:28 p.m., two unknown middle-aged women removed several packages from Green's porch and left the area in an unknown blue station wagon.
• A Riverhead High School student was able to save herself from a possible abduction Wednesday morning. According to Riverhead Superintendent Nancy Carney, the girl was walking to school when a man in a black sedan started making conversation with her.
After the girl got away from him, Carney said she noticed that he pulled into the parking lot of Bagel Lovers on Osborn Avenue in Riverhead.
At the same time, a sheriff happened to be coming out of the eatery, and the student told him what had happened. Once in school, she went straight to administrators, who called the Riverhead Police department. Police said the incident is under investigation.
• Earlier on Monday, Southold Town Police reported that Christopher L. Oliver, 26, of Mohamet, Ill., was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and attempted escape on Dec. 2 at 9:43 p.m., after police responded to a report of a subject rummaging through cars on Pequash Avenue in Cutchogue. A man with no identification who identified himself as Christopher Oliver was found in the immediate area matching the suspect's description, police said. The suspect was found to be in possession of marijuana at Midwood and Eastwood Roads in Cutchogue, was arrested him and transported him to police headquarters in Peconic for processing, at which point Oliver attempted to run from the scene, police said.
• Donald F. Lechtrecker, 65, of Orient, was charged with trespassing on Dec. 2 at 12:54 p.m., after a 25-year-old resident of Bird’s Eye Road in Orient observed Lechtrecker drive his vehicle on his driveway and told police he wished to press charge against Lechtrecker, police said. He was transported to police headquarters, processed and released on $100 cash bail.