Crimes Nearby: Riverhead Man Leads Police on Chase With Infant in Car

The following arrest information was supplied by the local Police Departments. It does not indicate a conviction.

Three Village

• Leah Carillo, 24, of Stony Brook, was arrested Nov. 16 in Stony Brook and charged with third-degree grand larceny, a felony that indicates a crime involving a monetary value between $3,000 and $50,000. Police said Carillo wrote four unauthorized checks at a dentist's office in Stony Brook in excess of $4,000 between July and November of 2012.

Port Jefferson

• Philip Lurie, 20, of Port Jefferson Station, was arrested on Nov. 17 in Port Jefferson Station and charged with assault, a misdemeanor. At about 12:30 a.m., Lurie allegedly punched and kicked a 19-year-old man at a house on Kool Place. He was arrested by police six hours later on North Country Road in Port Jefferson. According to court records, Lurie was released on his own recognizance on Nov. 17. He is due back in court on Dec. 4.


• A man was stabbed in the head and robbed in Riverhead Monday evening.
According to Riverhead Town police, on Monday at approximately 5:30 p.m., three males approached a man outside the Riverside Laundromat on West Main Street in Riverhead and stabbed him in the right side of the head.
Police also say that the suspects robbed the victim of a cell phone and $35, as well as his identification.

The suspects fled in an unknown direction, police said. The victim was transported to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.

•  A Riverhead man was charged with leading police on a chase while under the influence of drugs -- with his three-month-old son in the car. Tyshawn O. Riddick, 22, of Riverhead was arrested and charged with driving under the influence of drugs with a baby in the car, a violation of Leandra's Law, and driving with a suspended license.

According to Southampton Town police, on Friday at 9:22 a.m., officers tried to stop a 1999 Dodge Durango truck after observing several traffic infractions on Ludlam Avenue in Riverside. The driver, police said, attempted to evade an officer in a marked police unit with his emergency lights and sirens engaged.
Police said the man drove recklessly by passing other vehicles in no passing zones, speeding through residential areas at unsafe speeds, passing stops signs without stopping, and speeding through a red light at the intersection of State Road 24 and County Road 105, causing several vehicles with the right of way to veer and screech to a halt in order to avoid colliding with him.

According to police, he then fled from the vehicle on foot, leading police on a chase through the residential area until he was apprehended and placed under arrest near Oak Avenue and Arthur Avenue.Police found a three-month-old infant, the driver's son, in the rear passenger seat of the operator’s vehicle. The baby was sent to Peconic Bay Medical Center for observation and subsequently released without any injuries. The officer, who was assaulted, was also treated at Peconic Medical Bay Center for multiple injuries and is in stable condition.  

Riddick was charged with two counts of felony reckless endangerment in the first degree, aggravated driving while intoxicated with a child, a felony, Leandra's Law, driving while ability impaired by drugs, felony assault in the second degree, obstructing governmental administration in the second degree, a misdemeanor, endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle in the third degree, a misdemeanor, reckless driving, a vehicle and traffic misdemeanor, unlawful fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle in the third degree, a misdemeanor, two counts of unlawful posession of marijuana, a violation, and multiple vehicle and traffic infractions. Child Protective Services was notified, as the infant was Riddick's son.

North Fork

• Mattituck BP Gas Station manager Recep Zaim confirmed the morning of Nov. 20 that the by three masked men — at least one of them who was armed — Monday night at about 10:30 p.m. Southold Town Police Chief Martin Flatley said he did not want to comment on the incident at this time, but according to an email from the Breaking News Network sent to Patch Monday night, police were called to the scene and the suspects fled south down Marratooka Lane located just to the east of the gas station. The incident is under investigation.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »