.

Rocky Point Fire Department Responds to Fire Under Oven at Gyro Palace

Department called to the scene for commercial fire in Rocky Point.

The Rocky Point Fire Department was called to Gyro Palace on Route 25A in Rocky Point Thursday afternoon for a fire inside the restaurant.

According to chief Bill Lattman, the fire sprung up from some garbage under the ovens and was extinguished quickly.

"We got in there and put it out mostly with a water cannon," Lattman said. "There was no damage it was all under the floor boards."

One engine from Sound Beach also responded to the fire, which started around 1 p.m.

christine January 24, 2013 at 07:09 PM
Thanks Rocky Point Fire Department for saving the best Greek restaurant in the area!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »