A Rocky Point man was killed Wednesday night in a car crash on Route 25A, when his car traveled into an oncoming lane and struck another car.
Jeffrey Albano was announced dead on arrival, officials said. However Wednesday's crash was not uncommon for the busy four-lane road, separated by nothing more than a turning lane, which is often busy itself.
Below is a list of accidents on Route 25A over the past six months alone.
- Sept. 8: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: One person was hospitalized, and a car caught aflame in a three-car crash.
- Aug. 31: Route 25A and Sylvan Avenue: Four hospitalized after one car flips and another ends up in a tree.
- July 22: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: Three-car crash hospitalizes two, no serious injuries reported.
- July 18: Route 25A and Mt. Sinai-Coram Road: For the second time in six months, a car crashed into a home near this intersection. Minor injuries reported.
- July 18: Route 25A and Oakland Avenue: A motorcyclist was ejected from his bike, and listed in serious condition, after hitting a car.
- July 9: North Country Road and Hancock Place: A truck flipped and its driver was extricated with the jaws of life and later hospitalized and charged with unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
- July 2: Route 25A and Eagle Road: A Rocky Point man was arrested after police said he crashed into a Suffolk County P.D. car while turning onto Eagle Road off of Route 25A.
- June 4: Echo Road and Pipe Stave Hollow Road: Three were hospitalized in this crash, where one car nearly hit a home.
- May 20: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: A motorcyclist was taken to the hospital after he hit a minivan.
- May 14: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: On Mother's Day, a child was taken to ths hospital with minor injuries.
- May 9: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: Four were sent to the hospital after a mini van heading eastbound on 25A t-boned a sedan making a left onto Miller Place Road from the westbound lane of 25A.
- April 2: Route 25A and Miller Place Road: A minor fuel spill resulted in this crash, which sent two to the hospital with minor injuries.