After local districts lost a number of school days due to Superstorm Sandy, some are still mulling options while others have announced calendar adjustments.
Miller Place and Shoreham-Wading River School District's have announced their plans on their websites in order to reach the mandatory 180 days of instruction.
- High School mid-term exams and finals week Jan. 22-25 will be a regular week of school. Details of administering exams will be forwarded.
- School will be in session for all students Feb. 20-22.
- School will not be in session for all students Feb. 18,19.
- School will be in session for all students on May 24.
- The adjusted calendar allows for two available snow days.
- With five school days lost and two allocated for snow days, three days must be made up.
- April 1 will now be a school day.
- School will now be in session Feb. 21, 22.
- Feb. 20 will be a school day should there be a fourth school closing this winter.
- Feb. 19 will be a school day should there be a fifth school closing this winter.
- March 27 will be a school day should there be a sixth school closing this winter.
- March 25 will be a school day should there be a seventh school closing this winter.
Let Patch save you time. Get local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.