After demonstrating high levels of performance in the classroom and on the field, eight Rocky Point High School seniors have been recruited to some of the nation’s top colleges and universities.
This fall, these students signed National Letters of Intent and next year will be able to demonstrate their athletic abilities in collegiate athletics.
Surrounded by their families and coaches, the students put pen to paper in November at the school’s 2012 fall NCAA Signing Day program.
“To advance to the college level in any athletic program is not only a true testament to a student’s academic and athletic commitments but also the type of character traits they have demonstrated on the playing field,” said District Director of Health, Physical Education, Athletics and Intramurals Amy Agnesini. “I am very proud of all that they have achieved during their time here in Rocky Point and know that they will continue to bring pride to our community next year as they advance to the college level.”
Below are the eight students who have committed, the school they will be attending and the sport they play:
- Nicholas Accardi – United States Air Force (Lacrosse)
- Sean Gifford – Belmont Abbey College (Lacrosse)
- Matthew Guerrisi – Sacred Heart University (Lacrosse)
- Alyssa Guido – Stony Brook University (Lacrosse)
- Kristine Loscalzo – Virginia Tech (Lacrosse)
- Alyssa Milano – Bloomsburg University (Lacrosse)
- Amanda Sanchez – Marist College (Lacrosse)
- Frank Sciulla – Molloy College (Lacrosse)