According to the budget presentation there will be additional staff added. "This proposed budget includes an additional 1.20 instructional FTE to support expanded elective course offerings at Rocky Point High School, as well as an additional 0.5 instructional FTE to accommodate additional sections of performing arts lessons at RPHS and RPMS."
In addition the district plans on increasing security personnel: 2 full-time and 2 part-time security guard and making staffing changes dictated by the Committee on Special Education.
Although a final budget number was not presented, the district did go over various departments showing it's 2014-15 estimations. The list of estimations with comparison to last years budget is below:
- General Administration - $2,549,697 (0.66% increase)*
- Transportation - $4,654,245 (1.88% increase)
- Building and Grounds - $2,055,330 (7.23% increase)
- Benefits - $16,906,042 (5.80% increase)
- Personnel - $35,967,253 (3.49% increase)
- Library and Technology - $468,861 (2.39% increase)
- Debt Services - $3,531,881 (4.62% decrease)
*All percentages were calculated using last year's 2013-14 budget.
To see a full breakdown of the budget, click here for the presentation.
What do you think of the budget presentation so far?