• Suffolk County police are investigating the theft of a snowblower from the garden department at Walmart in East Setauket on Feb. 8 at 1:30 p.m., just prior to the brunt of the blizzard that afternoon.
• Norman Torgersen IV, 41, of Patchogue, was arrested Feb. 12 in East Setauket on three charges of petty larceny, a misdemeanor. Police said Torgersen sold various stolen items at a business located on Sheep Pasture Road in East Setauket. According to police reports, the stolen items included a metal grading box, a power washer, a generator, and a metal rake.
• Police said Patrice Germain, 45, of Brentwood, was arrested in Smithtown on Feb. 14 after he chased another man, threatening him with a knife. Police also said Germain called the victim to make threats and threw a bowl against a wall, damaging property. He was charged with second-degree aggravated harassment, second-degree menacing, fourth-degree criminal mischief with intent to damage property, all of which are misdemeanors.
• According to police, Jose Fuentes, 35, of Smithtown, was arrested in Smithtown on Feb. 11 on a charge of assault with intent to cause physical injury with a weapon, a felony. Police said Fuentes attempted to injure a woman with a knife.
• Police arrested Nicole Caronia, 25, of Smithtown, on Feb. 13 in Smithtown after she allegedly stole cash and checks and used bank cards that did not belong to her. Caronia was arrested on a third-degree grand larceny charge, a felony.
• Rolando Luque, 38, of Flanders, was arrested on a felony charge of aggravated sexual abuse and a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
According to police reports, an investigation by Southampton Town police revealed that Luque had sexually touched a 5-year-old girl. Southampton Town Police Det. Sgt. Lisa Costa said the incidents occurred over a period of time ranging from September through November of 2012, and Luque is known to the child.